Chicano Poet

Friday, April 28, 2006


The Chicano Gulliver

I am the Chicano Gulliver
and an army of white men
tie me down to the ground,

I must do their dirty work for them,
I must slide my throat
along the shiny glass of their wives,

I must clean the toilets
of their untouchable empire,
I must build their new roads,

their new buildings, their new bridges.
I must fight their wars,
they want me to steal black silk for them.

The ropes tear into my wrists,
my ankles, my heart, my stomach.
The ropes tear into my lips.

I am the Chicano Gulliver
and an army of white men
strap me down to my own land.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Triple Dog said...

Yes, brilliant.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks for dropping by noapolegies and thanks for the nice words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home