Chicano Poet

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Martin Street And Other Sorrows

“my rims never spin
to the contrary
you’ll find that they’re quite stationary”


Weird Al


Was cruisin through what’s left of the barrio
in my 2007 Honda Odyssey
wearing suit and tie from the Tall Man Shoppe

and here I am only five-foot tu
going to teach my Greek class
at Our Lady Of The Lake University

but first I stop on Zarzamora
to pick up pan de dulce
empanadas de calabasa y cuernitos.

I remember Bernardino Verastique,
Victor Guerra and countless others,
Sandy and Angela, Max, Xilo, Cesar Augusto,

the list of the past goes on and on
my rims never spin to the contrary
my head spins stationary.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "googled" my uncle's name (who knows why) and came across your page. I am glad to know his memory is still alive in our hearts. Thank You. Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home