Chicano Poet

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Magical Mystery Tour Turns Up In Switzerland

Amazing news from the BBC,
Swiss police insist they’ve arrested
the late John Lennon for bank fraud

in Bern we learn
and they have the pictures to prove
that it’s the sixty-four-year-old-Beatle.

Will you still love me,
will you still need me
when I’m sixty-four?

Apparently, yes, because Yoko
flew in her private jet today that way.
Since I’m on the no-fly list

I can’t fly out right away
to see my hero so I have drive
to Monterey, maquiladora, Mexico

and catch a plane from there.
From the air the mountains
look like somebody’s blog.

How could this have happened?
John alive and in cognito
in a country far away and neutral.

I don’t know how he’s going to explain this
to Yoko and Sean. Now we just need
George to surface somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home