Chicano Poet

Friday, June 15, 2007

The Break Up

“Heart on my sleeve…
way up cos
I’m wearing a T-shirt.
Sleeves rolled up.”


How many times have I seen you
cross my mind, sometimes standing tall,
sometimes crouching behind gray matter?

The silhouettes of my building
rocking in the shadows,
cranes & wrecking balls tease each other.

Birds run out of flying, flat out of flying.
They blink, their bellies
spending a fortnight in my sawdust.

I don’t begrudge them.
It would be so easy to seek you out,
caress you against your will,

but I stay away from
whatever walls you hammer between us.
Too many bent nails, too much sheetrock to replace.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love this poem. I think it is what I am missing in the OCHO I am working on. Please send it to me -

d.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger RC said...

I just sent it along.Thanks,didi.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you think it's funny when you shift ideas in diferent languages. I'ts like you can't say the same things in both. I enjoy reading you.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger RC said...

glorleciavius,i enjoy my visits to Espacio Muerto too.thanks for coming by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home