Chicano Poet

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

click here for live view



Santorini

Hit or miss, win or lose,
I dig the moon out of my skin,
but keep on climbing.

Blue sky has been taken over by white sky.
I stare at your legs
from the rocks of Santorini,

the ancient wheels turning in my gut
flattening everything in sight
for pleasure.

You, love, could not climb every hill,
rolled back down,
dusted yourself off,

and finally decided to give up.
It could have gone either way,
but your cute smile disappeared with the Minoans.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem reminds me of Becquer. Quien sabe.

E. Bernal

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger RC said...

Haven't read Bequer since the early 1970s.There used to be a bookstore in San Antonio called Heffernan's,it used to stock almost any Spanish title you could think of.I bought up every Cesar Vallejo book I could find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home