Chicano Poet

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Because The Night

Because the night belongs to lovers
I slink away with my tail between my legs.
You would think it funny, bitch.!

I gave you the best years of my life,
a son who practices medicine in Greece,
a daughter making money on Wall Street.

I gave you long vacations,
a beach home on Ocean Side Drive,
and now you say I’ve neglected you,

I don’t hold your hand anymore,
I don’t show you affection,
and all I want to do is screw you.

Because the night belongs to lovers
I’m out here with the alley cat
going through the trash cans of your heart

looking for a little love in vain.
But, I’m dumber than the beast
because I put the lids back on.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you work the night shift to do all this?


E. Bernal

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger RC said...

And I'm still working the night shift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home