Chicano Poet

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Olmert on how he made the President of the
United States change his U.N. vote.


"In the night between Thursday and Friday,
when the secretary of state wanted to lead
the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council,
we did not want her to vote in favour," Olmert said.

"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'.
They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in
Philadelphia. I said I didn't care. 'I need to talk
to him now'.He got off the podium and spoke to me.

"I told him the United States could not vote in favour.
It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution.
He immediately called the secretary of state and
told her not to vote in favour."

read the rest of the story here.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Matt D said...

Check this out:
http://joshcorey.blogspot.com/2009/01/poem-by-allen-grossman.html

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Matt.Yes, I saw that poem at Josh Corey's place.Thanks,again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home