Chicano Poet

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lonely For A Cloud
(Wordsworthian Symbolism)

I fell in love with a cloud. I wished I had been born
a bird, a buzzard, a hummingbird, but, alas, I was
born a man. Yes, a man, one of nature’s worse
creations. Man who assumes he’s the most
powerful animal on the planet. I took flying lessons,
till there came a day when I could fly up to my
beloved, to take her flowers, candy. But she rebuffed
me, she did not want anything to do with me. I was
brokenhearted, and I resolved to love her from afar.
I watched her on the weather channel, on the
internet, and I downloaded the weather bug app
for my iPhone.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED IT, SO RETRO YET SO MODERN, IT'S PERFECT IN DETAIL...

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Purple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home