Chicano Poet

Thursday, January 13, 2011

El King Of The Hood

he ruled the hood
with an iron fist

drug money
is honest money

he told his two year old
whose mother

he beat
to keep in line

he was the king
of the hood

until he met his fate
nel the cops

didn’t shoot him
they sent him to the pen instead

ninety nine years
with no possibility of parole

slightly better
than the permanent hole

until someone did just that
put his lights out para siempre

with a can
of refried beans

swung inside a calcetin
a tube sock

is a mighty equalizer
wonder how he’ll do in hell

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Bernadette said...

Hola Reyes,

Am just back from EP. Was able to read all of your chapbooks in the UTEP library. I enjoyed that very much. Many of them, especially the best, I had already read on your blog. I never did find a comment on the article on you I sent you. I am hoping that means it is okay. I might change a couple of small things based on what I just read. But I must send it in today, so if you want any revisions, let me know muy pronto. A belated happy birthday.

Su amiga from afar,
Bernadette

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger RC said...

Never did get the article.But thanks for your interest in my work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home