Chicano Poet

Friday, November 18, 2005


Henry’s Dream Song For Norman Dubie


I dreamed that Norman Dubie
was one of the Doobie Brothers,
Ooby Dooby.

I dreamed that Dylan Thomas
pronounced Robert Hass
to unrhyme with oz.

I dreamed that John Ashbery
wrote New York verse
to please his hearse.

I dreamed that Robert Lowell
hailed a yellow taxi
while his heart took a cab.

I dreamed that Sylvia Plath
sat in the bathtub
and dreamed of gas.

I dreamed that every poet has a dream,
some like coffee black,
some with cream and sugar.

I dreamed that Henry Haiku
don’t agree with you or me,
Ooby Dooby, Ooby Dooby.

3 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger b1-66er said...

but henry haiku
is so easily beaten
with more syllables

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have funkier dreams than me. I am flying but you fly

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger RC said...

Flying's easy,some of the landings are not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home