Chicano Poet

Thursday, February 23, 2006


Henry’s Homage To Margarita Cota-Cardenas

me dejaste como una osa sin oso
Gloria Trevi


She blinded with Chicano science
tore up a picture of the pope
tore up a picture of la virgen de guadalupe

ate Frida Kahlo’s heart
punched fat-assed Diego in the belly
told Gloria Andaluza her underarms were smelly

sitting on a bench on the campus
of our lady of the lake
she grabbed the shake and bake

she was my twisted sister in the movement
she was my twisted fantasy at the moment
she put on my clothes in the morning

she made her way to the desert
she was using shampoo that went boohoo
she arrived with a vengeance

she blinded me with Chicano science
she blinded me with the kitchen appliance
that’s lying on the sea floor.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Clear Creek Girl said...

That's a problem with revolutions cum movements, they have to keep being reborn from the ashes of yesterday's icons ... lest they sputter out and die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home