Chicano Poet

Friday, January 16, 2009




According to World Health Organization (WHO) figures,
more than 300 children have been killed and around
1400 injured in the current conflict.
They include two-year-old Samer Abdrabo -
she is said to have been shot in the back
by an Israeli soldier.
Her spinal chord has been severed
and she will probably never walk again.
"I was hit by a bullet," Samer tells me,
clutching her teddy bear.
"The Israeli soldiers shot me while
I was on the steps with my little sister."

Full story at the BBC.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One positive thing is that now through the Internet we can see and learn about all this. We can have poets blog on it, and teach us about it. I hope this brings about change.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger RC said...

Listening to the BBC on satellite radio tonight it sounds like the peace talks might be making progress.I hope they hurry it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home