Chicano Poet

Friday, December 29, 2006


Henry’s Jimi Hendrix Elegy For A Dead Soldier
Killed By The Ever Popular RoadSide Bomb, Yeah!


Who’s arms are those exiting the Humvee,
who’s leg is bloody
and severed at the knee,

who’s guts are those unwinding,
who’s head is flying
through the air,

who’s smile suddenly kisses dust,
who’s heart beats violently
to the rhythm of a body that has flown,

who’s life has been snuffed out?
It takes a minute for me to realize I’m dead,
excuse me while I kiss the sky.


After seven days the Verizon tech
finally made it out to Papalote Mt.
to reconnect me to the Internets,
it seems a Yellowjacket wasp nest
had disabled my blog.

4 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem is spectacular, and I really like the little note at the end, too. I can't tell yet which will be more memorable. :-)

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger RC said...

Hey,Andrew,thanks.Nature always wins.

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world does aikido. :-)

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one am certainly glad you're reachable. You are the other side of the teardrop Reyes. Greetings for 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home